Tuesday, November 29, 2011

RIP: Gabby Sherwood

When I was a teen I was very depressed and often thought of committing suicide. I even tried to once or twice. The depression didn't fully go away until I was in my early 20's and have struggled with it from time to time since. When I read about other teens committing suicide my heart breaks. Taking your own life is not a decision you can take back once you've completed it. And while it seems like it may be the only option, it is not. The fact is that at that age you can rarely ever see past your own decisions and you're still growing. Though it may sound cliched it really does get better and eventually you do find ways to cope with the depression.

This young lady, Gabby Sherwood, is a teen who recently committed suicide. While the reports indicate that she was not bullied, the fact that yet another teen has committed suicide is cause for a moment of silence. My heart goes out to her family in this very difficult time and I wish them a safe and healthy recovery as they move on without their precious daughter.

You can read more about Gabby Sherwood here: http://www.unionleader.com/article/20111121/NEWS07/711219967

No comments:

Post a Comment